Homebrew, open source, repurposed, hacked, software defined, open hardware

Friday 27 May 2011

Hot off the press - cross platform Microchip IDE

Ooh my, just when I was feeling guiltier and guiltier for harboring ongoing predilections for PIC microcontrollers even though there was no decent linux/OSS toolchain, it seems Microchip have come to their senses and released a cross platform IDE.

I came across this while checking out the newly released dsPIC based arduino shield and arduino IDE compatible chipKIT Uno32.

http://new.eetimes.com/electronics-products/processors/4215826/Microchip-uses-NetBeans-for-IDE-to-support-for-Linux--Mac-OS-and-Windows

http://eecatalog.com/8bit/2011/05/17/microchip-unveils-open-source-integrated-development-environment-with-cross-platform-support-for-linux-mac-os-and-windows-users-2/

Joy of joys. This was one of the  few remaining reasons to have a windows partition....

I reckon the dsPICs have awesome potential for SDR applications, such as beaconing/WSPR/QRSS. Hmmm, I really should finish off my SDR cube now and then play with the code a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment